Miami at a High Level
When you think of the world’s yacht central, Miami is the first to mind in my book due to being labeled “the cruise capital of the world” and home to numerous Carnival cruise ships such as the Ecstasy, Glory, and Breeze.
In 2009 UBS ranked Miami as the richest city in the US, something that is no surprise by the clean streets, lavish condos, extensive marinas, rich culture, and a nightlife that is out of this world.
If you’re looking to get your fix of luxury cars and catch a glimpse of a Mazerati, Rolls-Royce, or Ferrari strolling up and down the streets, Miami is the place to be.
Finding The Best Yacht Charter in Miami
If you can’t find the perfect yacht charter in Miami I’m afraid you’ll never find it. The Port of Miami is the busiest port in the world when it comes to cruise & passenger traffic.
The options for yacht rentals in Miami are endless ranging from super yachts to sail boats with hand crafted woodwork and interior. Miami is the perfect port to depart from for a private week long Caribbean cruise through various tropical islands.
Booking a Yacht Charter in Miami
When you’re here there certainly isn’t a lack of options for finding a boat charter in Miami, the difficult part will be finding a reputable charter company amongst the numerous offerings.
Those planning to spend $50k+ for a week long trip aboard a luxury yacht shouldn’t have to worry about booking with a subpar charter company, which is why we provide recommendations on a couple yacht charter companies in Miami that’ll ensure a classy and seamless trip.
If you’re planning a high end vacation then you want a high end yacht charter merchant in Miami to ensure your trip goes off without a hitch; Boatbookings.com would be a top contender in this field.
Jump over to their website here where you can filter down to the type of yacht (catamaran vs yacht vs sailboat) you wish to charter, the port it leaves from, see weekly rates, and select whether you want it to be crewed or bareboat if you have the nautical skills yourself to sail out to sea.
Boatbookings is one of the industry’s leading yacht charter companies due to their exquisite attention to detail for every client as well as their vast knowledge of all the yachts they partner with to charter.
They provide an added piece of mind by acting as the go-to should any issues arise with your charter. Their expertise in local customs, traditions, and the regions they charter in are invaluable in ensuing clients a seamless luxury vacation.
Miami is probably one of Boatbookings largest arrays of yacht charter offerings due to their multiple contracts with various extreme luxury yachts there. Booking with Boatbookings provides you with an array of luxury yachts to choose from such as:
- Trinity 161 – 161 feet of pure luxury, this super yacht is one of finest you’ll find available for charter anywhere. It boasts 5 cabins sleeping up to 12 guests, has an on-deck Jacuzzi, glass light fixtures, and comes with numerous ‘toys’ such as Seadoos, snorkeling equipment, and kayaks. This super yacht in Miami will definitely make for a journey like no other.
- Christensen 157 – Another super yacht that deserves it’s place in my list of the top three best yacht charter in Miami, the Christensen 157 is a 6 cabin luxury yacht that is perfect for event hosting. With outdoor dining, an on-board Jacuzzi, high-end woodwork, a large screen entertainment center, and much more, this yacht can sleep 12 guests and comes with a 9 man crew to cater to your every need. Most commonly booked for Caribbean cruises this yacht also comes with numerous additions such as underwater scooters, wave runners, and a dinghy for getting back and forth from the yacht to the pristine beaches you’ll explore.
- Christensen 135 – A smaller (yet still impressive) sibling of the Christensen 157, this super yacht in Miami features 3 decks able to sleep 12 guests spread amongst 5 cabins. Many of the same amenities that you’d find on the 157 are also offered here (i.e. dinghy, Jacuzzi, Seadoos, etc.) however this yacht tends to be booked more often for those looking for deep sea adventures such as fishing or diving. Check out a virtual tour of this yacht here.
- There are numerous yachts, large and small, in Miami each suited for their own type of expedition. Check out the full list of yacht charters in Miami here.
Host a weekend like no other and find the perfect yacht charter in Miami by seeing which luxury yachts are available for your next trip.
Note: Keep in mind the models and styles may vary and change since this article has been written so visit Boatbookings for the most up to date yachts available for charter in Miami.
Boatbookings is the top recommended yacht charter in Miami for longer trips (a day or more) however for those visiting the ‘Capital of Latin America’ that only want to spend a few hours on the bay, companies like Viator offer numerous luxury packages that provide you with a few hours of private sightseeing abroad a world class yacht.
Packages and offerings vary from standard tours to private tours accompanied by champagne and food. See what’s available by following the button below.
Yacht Destinations from Miami
Miami is the gateway to a vast number of tropical island yacht cruises, it all depends on how far and how long you’re willing to travel. For starters we list some of our top yacht vacation suggestions.
- Key Largo to Key West – A quick cruise down the Florida coast line will take you to the Key Islands. While in Key Largo be sure to get out the snorkeling gear and take a dive to see the underwater Jesus statue at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
- Nassau – If a yacht charter to Nassau from Miami is your goal be sure to stop by The Reef Atlantis for a night or two of partying.
- Georgetown, Bahamas – If large resort parties aren’t your thing you’ll find stunningly quiet beaches in Georgetown.
- Belle Vue, British Virgin Islands – A quaint small town that’ll definitely give you a low-key relaxing time. While here be sure to check out John Van Dyke Scuba.
- Honeymoom Beach, Peter Island, British Virgin Islands – One of the lesser crowded islands, Peter Island offers multiple amazing resorts with breathtaking views from elevated rooms such as the Hawks Nest Villa, or Peter Island Spa.
- Virgin Islands National Park, St. Jon, US Virgin Islands – Get in touch with nature with various hiking trails, pristine clear water, and ancient petroglyphs. After a long day of activities grab a drink in Bethany at one of the numerous bars then head back for a relaxing night at the Caneel Bay Resort.
- Charlotte Amalie, St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Charlotte Amalie is a city of endless restaurants, cafes, bars, and small shops. Be sure to stop by the historic ‘Blackbeard’s castle too.
Top Sights to See in Miami
For those who don’t plan on chartering a yacht in Miami but instead want to explore the city itself, here are a few of the top sights to see in Miami.
Wynwood Art Walk
Wynwood Art District is a section of Wynwood, Florida that highlights the Miami art scene and is a definite must see for any art lover.
There are currently over 70 art galleries, five museums, and seven art complexes in Wynwood with the main area of the Wynwood Art Walk is between 20 St & 36 St and from NW 2nd Ave to NE 2nd Ave.
It is known as one of the largest open-air street art installations in the world. Throughout the summer you’ll find numerous art fests going on as well.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Former estate to Deering Harvester Company businessman, James Deering, this early 20th century villa yields Veneto and Tuscan Italian architecture. Previously known as the Villa Vizcaya, the estate has wooded areas, Italian Renaissance gardens, and a historic outbuildings compound.
Some of the key areas of the estate to see are:
- The recreation pool (with indoor/outdoor entry this magnificent pool looks as though you truly are in ancient Italy),
- The gardens (decorated with numerous antique sculptures from great artists such as Filippo Barigioni, Gaston Lachaise, Robert Winthrop Chanler, and others),
- The horticultural collections (containing 400-year-old trees and an orchid collection with over 2,000 specimens),
- And the east façade on the bay.
Before heading out on that yacht charter in Miami stock up on some fashionable attire for the trip. The Dolphin Mall houses 240+ stores such as the Armani Exchange, BCBG, Neiman Marcus, Michael Kors, H&M, and many more. If you get hungry during a day of shopping grab some grub at the Cheesecake factory or for a nicer meal, the Texas de Brazil offers you an endless amount of Brazilian meats.
When you think extreme clubbing Miami certainly comes to mind. With an endless number of clubs to choice from it’s not hard to have a good time here. Some of top recommended bars/clubs would be:
- Whisper Cocktail Lounge – Rooftop bar with a pool and DJ
- House Nightclub -vibrant décor perfect for EDM
- E11EVEN Miami – “One-of-a-kind 24/7 Ultraclub” offering luxury & sophistication
- Fifty Ultra Lounge – Party on the 50th floor with amazing views of the city and a poolside lounge
- LIV – A megaclub with 18,000 square feet of space, you may see some of the hottest DJs such as David Guetta spin here
Looking for more stuff to do in Miami?
Best Luxury Hotels in Miami
#1 Faena Hotel Miami Beach
Located in the Faena district of Miami, a 10 minute walk from South Beach, this hotel encompasses shear elegance and is increasingly becoming a hot spot. This hotel has housed celebrities like DiCaprio, Madonna, and Rita Ora and is the center of a hotel revival initiative in the district transforming it into an upscale vacation destination.
Nightly room prices start as low as $350 a night however for those looking for the royal stay for their family, the penthouse is a 5 bedroom, 9,884 sq foot suite with ocean front bedrooms for all 5 of the rooms. At $50k+ a night this suite is for the high rollers after spending a day on the water with a luxury yacht charter in Miami.
#2 The Setai
The Setai is a hotel where you will receive first class treatment and pampering, not to mention the exquisite architecture of the hotel. There are a wide variety of room options ranging from the Asian Deco Art Studio to the Oceanfront Suite with a personal kitchen, living room, king and queen beds, all situated in an Asian deco design.
Ocean Suite bookings also receive additional perks such as:
- Round-trip airport transfers between Miami or Ft. Lauderdale airports and Ports
- A daily grand breakfast in their modern Asian restaurant (Jaya) or Ocean Suites private breakfast
- A Signature Treatment at their Spa
- Valet Parking for 1 Car
- Concierge and valet teams
- Access to luxury courtesy car for nearby transfers
- And more
The Setai Miami places you right on the doorstop of some of the most notable art regions in Miami; Ocean Drive, Wynwood, and more.
#3 1 Hotel South Beach
You won’t find gold and crystal chandeliers in their Presidential suite, but instead the décor will be soft fabrics and woods giving a natural ambience. The Presidential suite yields 3,500 square feet of relaxation with an ocean front view, a kitchen, and two king size beds.
For those planning a multi-family trip the 1 Hotel’s 5 bedroom penthouse with an ocean view is sure to fit a large group however also comes at a hefty price, ranging up to $50k+ depending on the travel date.
What most guests admire about this hotel isn’t necessarily the aesthetics of the rooms but is the courteousness of the hotel staff themselves and the top notch service.
The hotel also features a rooftop pool with stunning views.
#4 Mandarin Oriental Miami
On the small Brickell Key lies a 5-star luxury hotel with exotic Asian inspired décor that gives an exceptional view of downtown Miami as well as Biscayne bay. The hotel boasts three restaurants, one of which, La Mar, is owned by famous Peruvian chef Gaston Acurio.
This room features a king bed, elegant lighting and furnishings including a beautiful wooden desk. Adjacent to the bedroom lies a marble bathroom with bath and walk-in shower. All rooms have balconies overlooking Brickell Key.
Some of the amenities of this
- Infinity pool
- Exotic day spa
- Flat screen TV
- And more
Start Your Journey to Miami Luxury
Whether you book a yacht charter in Miami, stay in a luxury hotel with a rooftop pool, or spend a day on the Wynwood Art Walk, Miami is a city full of life with immense yacht charter opportunities and cultural exploration.